SB Live! Problem

Guest Xeno

Hi, I'm having problems with my SBLive! 5.1. I installed the divers and programmes from the cd (latest drivers included) But after restarting the pc, windows says it can't find the drivers for the card, SO I manually set the folder where to find them, but without any results. I downloaded the latest driver version for it and installed it. Now windows does find the drivers, but doesn't install all of them.So my card doesn't use all it's features. Does any1 had the same problems simular to this post?

I'm running windows2000 PRO (Dutch version) on Athlon XP2000+,512MB-DDR, Mainboard: MSI.k7 333MHz 6830.

Tnx.

Yes I do. When installing all features there supposed to be 5 or 6 "devices" with drivers (in hardware config). With the downloaded drivers there R only 2(main drivers), So I can't use all features like AEX. But for some reason windows can't see all other "devices".

I'm at work now, so I have to think real hard, LOL. If I'm not mistaken: Leagacy audio Drivers and creative SBLive. I found out this problem when I tryed to talk to some1 on Rogerwilco. They did hear me, Bu I didn't hear them talking. This is my first time using 2000pro. Cuz I just wanted to try a different OS than 98se. XP also gives huge problems with the SB-live!5.1 card.

Silly question, but you have downloaded the Win 2000 compliant drivers?!

I know when i used Win 2000 it was not a happy bunny with some drivers, and i had to role the system back to a point before i installed them to sort it out.

It may be worth while doing that, roling the system back and trying the newly downloaded drivers only.

Craig.

Yes, I downloaded the newest win2k drivers. And on the Creative CD-rom R the win2kandxp drivers. A friend of mine uses xp and installed the drivers and all other software on his system and they work just fine. The creative installation wizard autodetect ur winsystem and installs the dirvers and software which needed. Could it be that it detects the wrong windows version or sumfn?

I don't have any problems with 98se, but it's getting a little old, so want to try 2k cuz xp sux.