GOING TO RE-FORMAT INTO NTFS

xp disc does that,the bit I posted was if you ever needed for some reason to go back to your recovery disc,1 thing worries me is you have no mobo disc,when I did the repair I got a whole load of found new hardware and please insert your intel disc,only sorted when I d/loaded latest intel graphics driver,and probs with scroll mouse s/ware missing file,it was on the h/drive but I had to search for it and direct xp to it,dont let this put you off,madboy out of interest if it asks for a windows cd when installing stick your r/disc in as craig is right some are accepted if they have windows files on.

hangon how are you going to format,as my upgrade would not let me as xp was installed,you will have to either format though my computer or admin tools.

Ok the re-format and instalation went well

Only one hicup was to change the BIOS back to HDD as 1st boot apart from that all is well folks

now like i said i need to put the files on desktop so going to take a little bit of time here

also would like to thanks Craig and ellas for giving me the courage to do it

one slight niggle is that when i boot up i still have the TINY logo, i can only deduct from this is that this is set up in the BIOS?

madboy33

How to get those icons on your desktop...

Right click anywhere on your desktop and select 'properties'.

Then hit the 'desktop' tab.

Then 'Customize Desktop...' button.

Then select what icons you would like!

Craig.

Dont worry about the Tiny logo!

Am i right in saying it shows up before the XP logo when booting?

If this is the case, then it is part of the BIOS, and i haven't found a simple way to get rid of my PB logo on my laptop.

It's only there for a few seconds anyway, just blink and it will be gone!!!

Craig.