BTyahoo mail tab shows number? why?

P;3

I have noticed that on my BTYahoo server, , when I open it up I have tabs labelled mail-video-music-more

on the mail tab (which, if I click on it, it takes me to my in box on server,) I see a number; today I have the number 7; I THOUGHT that it might relate to the number of mails in my in box, but it does not, nor to the day of the week, nor to the number of visits I have made to the site;

anyone else see this on their server and got any clues? :(

it happens after I have logged in via this portal

http://edit.europe.yahoo.com/config/login?...t.yahoo.com/%3f

which gets me to I presume their home page; ON it I see the tabs of mail-video-music -more

on the mail tab I see a different number ( or sometimes none) ; it seems to bear no relation to anything that I see in my mails ; HAD wondered if it MIGHT be the numerical number of the ad on the page ? :unsure:

Yep! That is your log-in page for BT Yahoo. I did have a test account that I could log into using someones username and password so I could sort out their mail and other settings but I no longer have access to this and I've forgot what the next page looks like.

Its just a guess but as above, only thing I can think of is it may be new mail since you last logged in to check. I think you know that you never really need to log into that site unless you want to check web mail, or alter your settings in your account. For all normal internet use you just open a browser of your choice and surf away. :)