SOF2

Guest Mundy

Sorry for repeating myself but my original posting at PCA is now lost. Bought this from Play.com for £14.99, bargain. Plonked through the letter box early Saturday morning, now picture the scene I'm in bed nursing my head (too much red wine, doh! and they say it's good for you!) now, I've learnt to recognise the sound of a jiffy bag containing a game against all that other rubbish. Well you can guess the rest... installed and running within minutes. The sore head gone (is this a new hangover cure?).

Anyhow, the game runs smoothly and I'm busy running around the Columbian jungle causing carnage everywhere (dying a lot too, this is really tough in parts). The gore content is gruesome (but I've not disabled it... hmmm) and lots of interesting weapons but I've noticed that occasionally when the baddies lean out from behind a tree I have filled their head with lead yet the refuse to die! Powerless did post back and suggest that this was due to recoil. I'm not convinced as I've shot them from close range in short bursts while the cross-hairs have been centred on the afore-mentioned skull.

Anyone else encountered this? is it a bug? I have patched it up to the latest gold edition. :ph34r:

Guest Min_Man

I have found in ghost recon that if I alter the resolutions in the game then my sights are off...............If you have altered the resolutions, I suggest you use the default setttings..............hope that helps :D

:ph34r:

i found this too.....especially when using the sniper rifle at someone leaning out from behind a tree, just had to use up an entire magazine and one bullet eventually caught them between the eyes!

Well, I've progressed passed the ruins to yet more jungle and the bad guys are squealing :) The only drawback with head-shots in this game is well... you hear a gurgling sound followed by a head rolling on the floor with this poor headless soul slumping at your feet (not for the feint hearted).

Will let you know if problem returns. Thanks all for the imput. :D

Guest Phil930

amateurs!! you wait until you reach hong kong, thats carnage!! then the hospital, well, atleast everyones in the right place when you start de-limbing them!! :D

Guest Phil930

not completed it yet, i ended up on a hospital bed like everyone else!!!!! tough level although i had to stop playing to complete uni work!! need to sort out my priorities!!

i plan to complete the game though as i got back into the story again.

as for playing online, not on my 56k! maybe one day god will bless me with modern technology such as BB. wish i could play it online though. i remember loving the multiplayer on Goldeneye on the N64. well pc games have developed alot since then and i have not been able to take advantage of multiplayer!!! lifes a bitch!! :D

Phil930, yes it can be... trying to do a million and one things at the mo. Visit this forum, visit PCA forum, make a cup of tea, play SOF2 and play Spearhead MP.

Going on hol to Madeira midweek so my wife is urging me to get the suitcases out of the loft as she wants to start packing... "do you know what your going to wear yet" and "don't you be asking me to wash and iron anything the day before we go" all this why I'm running around Spearhead MP, no wonder I keep dying... yep, life's a bitch... sometimes. :lol:

Yup, completed it yonks ago, and SOF 1

Both excellent games

Toughest bit in my humble opinion is on the shop roof,

Your under attack from two helicopters,

took a while to get past that one...

ordep - looking forward to it. Nice to know there should be plenty of help out there if one should get stuck. :D I suppose thats the advantage of playing older games (and they're cheaper!).

Phil930 - Are you still off to New York? (your post on PCA). :ph34r: