HP digital camera and dock

You guys/gals did such a great job solving my first problem...here's another !!

My Win2k box detects my Camera when it is directly plugged into the USB port. Works great.

When I dock the camera, my PC doesn't detect it !! :(

Thus, I'm unable to upload any pics.

I did have it working once...and now it's gone !!

I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling...but to no avail !! :(

More help would be greatly appreciated !!

regards,

bill :)

On XP, my docking station isn't picked up until I press the little button on it. Then Windows comes up and offers me a few ways to open the files. I normally just choose the Kodak Easyshare one.

But back to your problem, have you tried pressing the button? Does it do anything at all?

I presume that you don't get any error messages when the camera is plugged in? It doesn't apear as a drive in "My Computer" does it?

Good to see the battery problem was sorted, am surprised you didn't get that info with the camera though as it was with mine when I bought a DX3700.

Good to see the battery problem was sorted, am surprised you didn't get that info with the camera though as it was with mine when I bought a DX3700.

Hi Sir Radfordin !

Nothing of the sort with my HP camera dock. Just a couple of installation pics ! :angry:

As for my Win2K box not detecting the camera dock...well I got that solved from HP Canada !! :D

It seems that Win2K and XP sometimes drop the camera drivers and when the PC is restarted it will not detect the dock.

Their were no errors or such and pushing the buttons didn't do anything.

As far as my OS was concerned...that camera dock didn't exist !!

Having said that, HP has a sequence for re-installing the Camera software so that it is detected by PnP. And it worked !! :o

I tried for 2 hrs...and HP tech support tried for 5 min with success !! Grrrrr !

Thanks all !!

regards,

bill :)