Background colour in tables.

Snec

Hi gang,

Can anyone tell me how to have different background colours in tables. For instance if I do a 3x3 how do I have a different colour in each one.

Hey, no sniggering behind my back either ... I know my site is krap. lololol

Just done a bit in Dreamweaver and this is the code it produced for a table with 6 cells (3x3) with each one having a different color background:

<table width="90%" border="0">
 <tr>
   <td bgcolor="#FF00FF">Cell1</td>
   <td bgcolor="#FF0000">Cell2</td>
   <td bgcolor="#00FFFF">Cell3</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td bgcolor="#FFFF00">Cell4</td>
   <td bgcolor="#0000FF">Cell5</td>
   <td bgcolor="#FF99FF">Cell6</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td bgcolor="#666666">Cell7</td>
   <td bgcolor="#3399FF">Cell8</td>
   <td bgcolor="#33FF33">Cell9</td>
 </tr>
</table>

So its the

<td bgcolor="#666666">

part of the tag you need to put the color in to.

Hope that helps.

Thank you sir, you're a gent. I already knew you were a scholar ;)

I don't go on PCA these days. They seemed to develop a Headboy, prefects & milk-monitor attitude there. Then there was the "Thought Policeman" and the "Three Cheers For FE" brigade. It's much nicer over here, very friendly place, although I've been too busy to come on much since the restart.

Anyway, it's nice to see you here.

Is the job still going alright? I expect you have settled well in by now.

Thanks again Luke.

Regards,

Snec

Job is going well thanks! Only a few months left here before I have 3 months void (offers of employment by email!) and then back to Uni for a final year.

Web design is done "on the side" to keep it interesting! I've had enough of fixing comptuers after 6 months of doing it everyday!

PCA's one advantage over this site at the moment is the volume of people who are looking at it. Agree though they do seem to be getting a little lost in management of the site!

You want to make sure you are using "Web safe Colors" (or colours!)

Yup. Non web safe colours dither in the browser. I find that on some .jpegs though, that they dither, .gifs change colours... that's why I use .png but most people don't like them.

Ok that was totally off subject :lol: