Security Warning? macromedia

Guest Damo

Hi.....not sure which room to post this in......

everytime i change website pages i get prompted by a security warning asking me if i want to download and run 'Macromedia player flash plug ins' or somthing to that effect...cant remember the rest.....im fully up to date with norton AV and firewall...and even a scan doesnt reveal any thing!...its really annoying as its coming up all the time!

Any ideas!

Thanks Folks

Damo

You may have been better off posting in on of the support areas, but not to worry, here goes:

What websites is this happening with?

If a website is using flash in this site and is set up properly it will check to see if your browser has the correct plugin to play the flash animation. If it doesn't it will redirect you to the download site for you to get it. The security warning you get up (I think) will have a tick box to say you always trust macromedia (best not to say so incase something goes wrong in the future) and then a yes/no option. If you click yes it will let you get the pluggin (an extra bit for the browser) and you should find you won't get asked any more.

It has nothing to do with the AV/ Firewall software you have installed.

Another example of this warning would be found if you went to the windows update site and asked it to scan your computer for updates that you need. Its just the computer asking for permission to make some legit changes.

The Macromedia Flash Player is safe to download/update, as Sir Rad says it's nothing to do with Av or firewalls. You will, no doubt, already have the flash player installed and your are being invited to update yours.

It's worth updating :)

I just went to a website which required me to download it, i did so and the computer needed to restart.

I selected no, but every 10 seconds the dialog poped up again <_>

I gave in and restarted, all is fine now.

Craig.