British schools going linux

Mike567

Looks like the brits are going well with linux, we have had a few government departments going linux and now schools are thretening!

I think its brilliant, at my college they used to spend something stupid like 15k a year for a microsoft license.

I doubt colleges would be able to actually use linux for a lot of their courses, so they will make use of their license.

But schools could handly linux nicely, from what I remember all we did at school was use office and play games on the web!

Perfect for them is it not?

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like the brits are going well with linux, we have had a few government departments going linux and now schools are thretening!

I think its brilliant, at my college they used to spend something stupid like 15k a year for a microsoft license.

I doubt colleges would be able to actually use linux for a lot of their courses, so they will make use of their license.

But schools could handly linux nicely, from what I remember all we did at school was use office and play games on the web!

Perfect for them is it not?

Thats brilliant to hear, and its long over due, Micro shaft, have ripped people for long enough, its good to see the tide is turning at last, and as i understand it, Linux has some brilliant rock steady versions, UBUNTU is a good one i understand.

Any one here tried Linux?