nav and s/restore

I havn't looked at your link but it may be useful to anyone just starting with ME & NAV because about nine months ago (I think it was) I had to stop using NAV due to the updates interfering with System Restore.

Having said that AVG also stops auto restore points being created but you can still do manual ones, which I do about every four days or so and then test to make sure they work.

Guest colberly

With ref to AVG stopping ME making restore points in System Restore, I use ME and AVG. Automatic restore points are created daily and they work with no problems. :P

Conflicts are strange things aren't they? Some people get them using the same things as others who don't.

I have four systems here and the problem I mentioned above is on three of them but one is OK and does auto restore points as it should. All are running Win ME, ZA and AVG.

Norton though became a total disaster on all of them but then thousands of people are OK with it.

Guest Project

Snec,

I find if I shutdown Zone Alarm and my Broadband connection then let my PC idle for a few minutes I do get a Checkpoint (As long as the system meets the Checkpoint criteria - once every 10hrs the PC is on or every 24 hours real time)

Give it a go and let me know.

Cheers ;)

As a point of interest ..... In December I had a new machine, I installed AVG & ZA on that and Auto System Restore points NEVER happened.

Also I have had a few problems with it. A few days ago I had an error message referring to AVGCORE, later it happened again. Later still AVG became corrupt.

I thought there must be a conflict here, although in the main there is nothing much different on that machine to what I have on this one. Anyway I have removed AVG from that machine and installed PC-cillan, which came with the motherboard.

Guess what?? Auto System Restore points are now being created!

I still have AVG and ZA on two partitions on the rig I am using now and, apart from no auto restore points, everything works fine.

As I said earlier -- conflicts are strange chaps entirely. The problem although cured by removing AVG may not have been caused by AVG but simply something else that it argued with. Many times I see on forums and helprooms, the latest thing installed being blamed for a problem. It ain't necessarily so!

Ah well,

Regards

Guest whizwrinkly

It's funny how different users get different problems with ME. I had NAV for a while and it gave me endless problems, I had to siop using it. Dunno what the conflicts were, but those three little letters kept popping up in error messages NAV has caused......!

I now use AVG and Zone Alarm with no problems at all, including restore dates. Is there any other software that the users with problems could have in common? :blink: