Inventions to make computing easier.

Craig

Well not really being computing,

but i would like to get rid of all the cable that is attached to my 5.1 surround sound system connected to my computer at the moment.

The audio card to sub will be fine, but something like radio technology or some sort of bluetooth tech complete the connection to the other 5 speakers.

What do you think, and what would you like doing?

I would love to create a totally wireless computer where you had no damn wires and only 1 wire going in which would be the mains

madboy33

lol, I was gonna say that too :) You took the words right out of my mouth. Currently I am TANGLED in wires - literally. Mainly my headphones though.

I wish they'd also do something to the keys and mouse so they don't click too loudly. My parents are sat a few feet away from me and my dad is moaning.

Still, it means he's looking into getting a computer for my own room! :lol:

I would like a decent voice recognition system.

IBM's 'ViaVoice' came with my system and after a lengthy training period, it was just about useable.

I was trying a letter in 'Word' and after Dear Sir, new paragraph, I got that annoying paper clip come up saying something stupid like " I see your typing a letter...". In rather basic language I told it to go away.

Printed on the screen was "far cough"

I haven't used it since.(true) :lol:

Eastender, "far cough" makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Many years ago I had a piece of software on a BBC Master computer which attempted to speak back to you , in an awful electronic voice, the words you had typed. I thought it was a technological breakthrough at the time. But everyone I demonstrated it to was totally apathetic. One day I demonstrated it to some special needs students. There was silence for a time and then one Downs Syndrome boy who had great difficulty in making himself understood, said, " I kin tork berrer 'an 'at".

I guess people are still unimpressed with today's software.

:o