unsharable drives in vista?

steamytofu

Tried doing a search prior, but couldn't find any help on the issue:

The PC in question is running Vista Business (MSDNAA vers) with SP1 and all current updates. The network has 2 wired computers (one running Vista premium, the other being the PC I'm having trouble with), and 3 wireless laptops (2 with XP, one with Vista Business), all connected to a linksys router.

I'm trying to share folders from my main computer (the wired Vista Business) to the other 4 computers. By right clicking the folder>share...>share, all the desired folders are on the network. However, the ones that are shared from my Master HDD can't be accessed by any of the other computers. It gives the warning:

"--- is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied."

The only computer that can access the folders is the wireless laptop running vista, but that requires me to input a username and password every time I access the the PC on the network. Shared folders from the 2 slave HDD's have no problem being accessed on the network by any of the computers.

Any idea how this issue can be resolved?

Sorry steamytofu,

I don't have a Vista machine to look at. I may be able to download the MSDNAA version myself and run it on a VM to take a look, but it will be a day or so before I can do that.

Hopefully someone with Vista will be able to help. Is there a network sharing wizard of some kind you could run?

Here are a couple of links to look at in the meantime:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...echNet.10).aspx

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/