networkkm3.th.jpg

This is a very strange problem.

Computer 2:

When I am on Computer2 and do a net view I can see:

Laptop1

NAS-001

Computer2

Computer1

I can successfully ping all of these using these Netbios name and it returns their IP addresses and they reply.

I can successfully connect to all of these computers (And NAS) except Computer 1. It says the network name can't be found. This is in windows explorer using \\computername

Computer 1:

When I am on Computer1 and do a net view I can see:

Laptop1

NAS-001

Computer2

Computer1

I can successfully ping all of these using these Netbios name and it returns their IP addresses and they reply.

I can successfully connect to all of these computers except NAS-001. It says the network name can't be found. Yes, i can even connect to Computer2.

Laptop:

When I'm on the laptop and do a net view I get nothing except the laptop, but i can connect to all computers.

What's going on here??????

Edit:

Also these results have now changed since yesterday. Computer2 says:

"C:\Users\Username>net view

System error 6118 has occurred.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available

"

But still allows me to connect to all computers, except Computer1.

Computer1 only detects Computer1 when doing a net view. Still can connect to all but the NAS.

Laptop still connects to all, but still only sees it self.

Would there be any way to force a netbios update through out the 192.168.1.0 network? Even if i had to type it in manually on each computer? I think this might help solve some problems.

Don't worry.

I figured it out.

What was happening was for some unknown reason the Firewall on computer 2 was blocking the SMB ports from Computer1, but not form any other (Which is strange as I haven't touched the firewall).

Though I still have the problem on Computer2 (Vista) with the 6118 error. Apparently my domain doesn't match my workgroup. Which is strange since I'm not on a domain :s.

Ah i solved this.

I tried to copy a file over (It's size was +4GBs) and after about 30 seconds the vista computer would BoSD. It took me a while to find out why it was doing this as it hadn't done it before.

I noticed that it only happened when i tried to copy a large file over the network (from or to the machine) or stream some sort of video.

So after about 20 or so blue screens I noticed the ndis.sys file was the one the blue screen was reporting.

So after a bit of googling I discovered that it was my network card drivers not liking my new Linksys router. Some other people had the same problem.

So i upgraded my drivers and it fixed every problem that I had :).

Thanks for checking up though.