need help with remote desktop connection

winx

Hi everybody I am new to the forum.

I recently installed the remote desktop web connection (TSWEB) and it seems to work exactly like it is supposed to. On the computers on my network you can type in the ip address of my computer and it will come right up.

However on any other computer outside of my network Web Page is not found.

I am using XP with sp3. As far as I know it was installed correctly. If it wasn't the other computers wouldn't be able to put it up from the web right? I changed the port # as recommended and in Windows Security also.

If anyone has experience with this and can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks Joe

How do you connect to the Internet? Does your computer connect directly to a cable or DSL modem, or do you have your own router?

If you have a router, you'll have to set up network address translation or port address translation to allow outside traffic to get to the TSWeb shared computer.

How do you connect to the Internet? Does your computer connect directly to a cable or DSL modem, or do you have your own router?

If you have a router, you'll have to set up network address translation or port address translation to allow outside traffic to get to the TSWeb shared computer.

I just went into the router setup to allow the port I used for tsweb. I'll see if this fixes it. Is that what you mean?

I just went into the router setup to allow the port I used for tsweb. I'll see if this fixes it. Is that what you mean?

Didn't work yet. I guess I have to learn to set up a network address translation. Do you do this from that from the router or computer? I not quite sure how to do this. I have a linksys and the computer I setup TSWEB on is from a wireless card.