Ntl Misleading On Channelntl

Redhat

What I posted at DSLR:

My ISP in the UK, called 'NTL' have their information channel on cable TV now dedicated to the Blaster worm. While I am grateful for this, there is a vital flaw in their presentation on this channel. They make a claim that

a firewall will protect against most viruses. This statement is, IMO, FALSE. The only thing a firewall could protect against in the way of viri or the like is a worm attempting to spread, or a trojan phoning home. It doesn't stop their, they use the XP firewall built in, in their presentation. This gives no outbound protection thus doesn't even protect against the things mentioned above.

This is giving vulnerable and un-educated customers a false sense of security, and that is NOT GOOD. What happens when the next worm / virus / trojan is mass spread, and the customers are complaining that NTL said that the firewall would stop this?

I have emailed them showing my views, and suggesting they change it to show that a good AntiVirus/AntiTrojan package is VITAL.

Just a warning. See the thread here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,770...ity,1~mode=flat

And The page on removing the blaster worm at my website :

http://www.digitaltune.co.uk/sector/page.php?id=5

Their customer service has the people skills of confectionary - wow long word after 4 tia maria and cokes.

And , of course, they're IT skills are limited, as to save money, they take the under-qualified's on for less per annum.

Something tells me im smarter after a drink :P :D :D :lol: :lol:

Guest Nellie2
And , of course, they're IT skills are limited, as to save money, they take the under-qualified's on for less per annum.

I hate to rain on your parade redhat but you don't need to be smart to know the above. Unfortunately you will find that that is the norm across most of industry. :(