Vista Wireless issues.

Slyke

EDIT:

My bad for posting this in the wrong section, may I ask a mod to move it to the "Internet, Network and Security" section please?

OK, so here is the problem:

At the office we have 2 computers currently at the office, once is a desktop, and the other is a laptop.

The laptop is connected up to the router via a 128 bit WPA encryption key.

The Desktop is connected up via ethernet.

Both computers are using windows Vista.

When using the laptop, I can connected to the network by just double clicking on the network (When scanning for networks), then I get prompted for the WPA key. I can enter the key, and it connects to the network successfully.

Now we purchased a new laptop and wish to connect to the network as well. But when I double click on the network, I get asked to enter in my username, my password, and a domain name.

I have logged off, logged back on, checked around in settings, but I can't for the life of me find where the setting is to make it go back to just asking for the WPA key.

A few years ago I had this problem in XP, but managed to find some Certificate setting that changed it back (Can't find it in Vista, and don't remember where it is in XP any more).

If we disable the Wireless security, then the new laptop can connect fine. This is not acceptable however since we need to have a secured network for the business.

Would any one have any suggestions as to how to fix this problem?

Here's a screenshot in Google that I found (This is what it comes up with instead of WPA prompt):

config-wpa-vista_clip_image019.jpg

It DOES work on one Vista laptop, but not the new one, so I need to know where the setting(s) is/are to change it to just ask for a WPA key.

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with Vista, but it sounds like wireless is working and you're being asked for a login and password to access the resources on the other computer.

If that's not the case, you might try finding a wireless configuration utility on the PC that's having trouble connecting and looking for the WPA settings there.