Wireless connection failing please help.

ivtec

have vaio Sony A195 EP with xp1,and a westel 327w DSL, i updated to sp2 from windows updates and after i updated to sp2 my wireless started to fail,it seems to be the firewall or some security solftware fault from the updates,when i go to firewall settings and switch off and on it reconnects the wireless connection,and a few minutes later it fails again,with cable connection it works good, or with with the factory SP1,somebody knows how this can be possible, or what can i do to overcome this,i only need the SP2 because i run Slingmedia and Silverlite filles and it requires SP2,is there any other solfware i could use to run Sling media and Silverlite so i get rid of SP2,and run on SP1 only.thanks in advance.

You can disable the Windows firewall by going to Control Panel, Security Center, Windows Firewall, and clicking Off (not recommended) for testing purposes. Windows XP Service Pack 3 is out. I recommend you install all available updates. Do you have an antivirus program installed yet? AVG has a free download antivirus program if you need it.

You can disable the Windows firewall by going to Control Panel, Security Center, Windows Firewall, and clicking Off (not recommended) for testing purposes. Windows XP Service Pack 3 is out. I recommend you install all available updates. Do you have an antivirus program installed yet? AVG has a free download antivirus program if you need it.

<You did not reed well what i posted,i said that i go in the firewall and switch on and off and off and on the firewall,than it reconnects the wireless.And the only way i have no fails is when i uninstall sp2 or sp3 and use the sp1 that comes with the vaio from factory.

XP SP1 is no longer supported, and almost all modern softwares need at least SP2.

Much better than relying on old software you should diagnose your connection problem, resolve it, then upgrade to SP3.

Is there any error in the Event Viewer for the time when the connection is failing?

Do you have IE7 or IE8? If so, can you try to run the 'Diagnose' procedure after the connection has failed (button on the IE display area).

P.S. see this article for more connection troubleshooting: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

XP SP1 is no longer supported, and almost all modern softwares need at least SP2.

Much better than relying on old software you should diagnose your connection problem, resolve it, then upgrade to SP3.

Is there any error in the Event Viewer for the time when the connection is failing?

Do you have IE7 or IE8? If so, can you try to run the 'Diagnose' procedure after the connection has failed (button on the IE display area).

P.S. see this article for more connection troubleshooting: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

Thanks Pat,i'm having no more cut offs at this time cross my fingers ,here what i did, i made full factory recovery and than i downloaded SP2 to a CD-RW from windows microsolft,than installed it to my vaio, now is ok, what you mean IE7 or IEE? is this Windows 6 or windows 7 i think i have window 6,i one time downloaded windows7 and had to unisntalled because i started to have problems with it,the same with SP3,so now stick with SP2,and keep out the automatic downloads because these are the cause of my problems.I also downloaded antivirus LiveOneCare just for a 90 days trial and see what happens,also about the error you talking about it just sais after i make connection repair, it sais contact my intenet provider,but my son is in the other room with no problems although is vaio has Vista.also i get good wireless connections with other wireless connections on the area just with my router,also cable connection always good,i still thing my problems are related to the fire wall upgrades scurities special when i keep my internet downloads opened. Thanks in advance.