Problem Uploading My Site!

Guest Damo

Hey all.

ive got a few pages of my site done and wanted to upload it....but every time i try its telling me that certain *.GIFs have errors then aborts. I cant find out what this error is as it doesnt give more of an explanation!

Im using serif web plus 6, i run the layout checker first and this doesnt show up any problems.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Damo

P.S their are quite a lot of these GIFS as they are page dividers

Guest whizwrinkly

:blink: Can't really help, as never used Web plus6, but there is obviously something amiss wjth the graphics. Have you named them properly? Upper and lower case?

ahhhh.....is that it?......im fairly new to this whole website design malarky. :D .......ive just left the name of the GIFs the same as when i pulled em of the net.

Ill give that a try 2moz i think.

Cheers

how have you put the files into serif?

did you use the icon that uses that look like a mountain and when you hover over it it says import picture(see screenshot below)

import.JPG

when you have clicked on there select the file then click on the right hand side that says "embed picture" (see screen shot below)

embed.JPG

madboy33

yeah...i imported them that way but didnt see the embed picture bit. Doh......looks like im gonna have to ger rid of them then import them again!

Thanks for all the help madboy and whiz

yeah still not workin with the GIFs.......ive got rid of them now...im creating my own borders and dividers in coral draw 10......as for web plus 6...i think its great as a package to get started on...its easy to use aswell. Hopefully ill get a few pages done tomorrow (when i get home from work) then put them up for your amusment/opinion/critisism/general laugh

Damo :wacko:

Hi Damo

I think I will try Serif 6 now that you've recommended it. I've been looking at using Publisher or even MS Word but it seems a steep learning curve. I've been reading up on HTML on and off - but I've got a short attention span. I'm looking forward to viewing your site. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Peter

Good choice going for web plus...the download is only about 20 mins on a 56k, all you have to do is register. HTML still seems a bit over my head at the moment aswell, but ive been reading up using a few web tutorials that i searched for using google, im beginning to understand the basics at least.

Damo

Many thanks madboy for introducing it to me in the first place! hopefully you will be able to see some of the results in the morning when i get home from work! :rolleyes:

The only thing im getting a bit worried about is the physical size of it in a browser........when i view it at home in explorer its quite small and to the left of the page.....but maybe this is my screen resoloution...1280x1024???

Madboy33

Got home this morn and tried importing pictures like i have been doing but there is no embed picture option like there s on yours.......just an empty grey space..........So.... ive sacked it and started doing it in coral draw 10....... :(