Server 2003 question...

Baderup

I have a machine running Server 2003, we use it as a file server, everyone has their own personal folder and username/pass to get into it.

Before upgrading from Server 2000 to 2003 we use to be able to access our server through the internet. We had a free account with DYNDNS.com that allowed us to do this.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get this back up and working. I know it just isn't as simple as typing the IP Address of the server into the DYNDNS account. So what do I have to do with Server 2003 to make this happen? I've got a Windows 2003 Server book, yet I'm not even sure what I'm trying to achieve is actually called, so it's hard to look it up!

Thanks

You need to install a DDNS update program to update the DDNS record at DYNDNS. They have one you can install called DYN Updater (I think). Go to their web site and download the utility and install it on your server. Follow the instructions on how to login to the DYNDNS site to send DNS updates via the software tool.

Right that makes sure you IP address is always updated to DYNDNS.

Yet I do not know how to connect my server to DYNDNS, what do I have to do on my server? It can't be as easy as just entering the server's IP into DYNDNS...