Problem accessing FTP shares using IE7 browser

Deimos

I face the following issues with IE 7 when accessing ftp shares.

I am using windows server 2003 here.

Browser: IE7

Observations

 In the browser IE7, typed ftp://< ip-address or host name> and it will ask for login credentials.

 Provided user name and password and the login succeeded.

 I was able to access the ftp share - download and upload the files.

 After some three, four iterations of re-login, there is no access to home directories of users found inside the ftp share.

 And when I tried to view the share as windows page by selecting “page” option in the browser as “open FTP site in windows explorer”, it threw up a message “window cannot access this folder”

 This problem persists till I restart the client machine as such. Restarting the session/re-login/anything doesn’t help.

Also tried to access FTP share by adding it in “My Network Places”.

 On windows “My Network Places” added new network place.

 Gave the address as ftp://< ip-address or host name>

 Logged in as user ‘u1’ who has access privilege to that share.

 But it threw up the message “windows cannot access this folder”

 Obviously, I cannot do any i/o operation here.

 This problem also persists until I restart the client machine.

However I was able to connect to the FTP share via command prompt and FTP applications like smartFTP, coreFTP etc.

Are these issues reported already? Can anyone direct me to the documentation if available? Thanks in advance for any help in this regard.

post-15844-126138832914_thumb.jpg

I face the following issues with IE 7 when accessing ftp shares.

I am using windows server 2003 here.

Browser: IE7

Observations

 In the browser IE7, typed ftp://< ip-address or host name> and it will ask for login credentials.

 Provided user name and password and the login succeeded.

 I was able to access the ftp share - download and upload the files.

 After some three, four iterations of re-login, there is no access to home directories of users found inside the ftp share.

 And when I tried to view the share as windows page by selecting “page” option in the browser as “open FTP site in windows explorer”, it threw up a message “window cannot access this folder”

 This problem persists till I restart the client machine as such. Restarting the session/re-login/anything doesn’t help.

Also tried to access FTP share by adding it in “My Network Places”.

 On windows “My Network Places” added new network place.

 Gave the address as ftp://< ip-address or host name>

 Logged in as user ‘u1’ who has access privilege to that share.

 But it threw up the message “windows cannot access this folder”

 Obviously, I cannot do any i/o operation here.

 This problem also persists until I restart the client machine.

However I was able to connect to the FTP share via command prompt and FTP applications like smartFTP, coreFTP etc.

Are these issues reported already? Can anyone direct me to the documentation if available? Thanks in advance for any help in this regard.

I don't have a clue. Sorry. I suspect the problem is at the source, though, not in your client machine. But if FTP apps work, why not just use one? My personal favorite is Filezilla which is open source and free as a bird.