windows batch programming

Dear all, I need your help please

I have a batch file on windows.

I need to read from a text file a list of file names, the content of the text file is for example filename1;filename2;filename3

Then, i need to verify in a directory that is an input parameter in the script if the physical files which names are listed in the text file (filename1,filename2...)

exist in this directory; and write output to a text file a message indicating if each file is found or not.

The code i wrote but did not return the desired result is:

@ECHO OFF
echo %date%,%time% Generate list of available and unavailable files >.\log.txt

:start_of_file
SET /P src_dir="Enter the absolute path for Source Directory where Files are present (including the final \ ): [e.g: .\DATA\RD\]:"
SET /P src_file="Enter the name of file including the list of the names of files (including the extension e.g: .txt):"

ECHO The list of files are in %src_file%
ECHO The physical files are in %src_dir%
set COUNTER=0
:TEST
FOR /F "delims=;" %%A IN (%src_file%) DO(
set /a COUNTER+=1
set FILENAME!COUNTER!=%%A
goto TEST_FILE_EXISTENCE
)

:TEST_FILE_EXISTENCE
IF EXIST %src_dir%%FILENAME% (
ECHO The file you are looking for %FILENAME% has been found in %src_dir%>>.\log.txt
GOTO TEST
) ELSE (
ECHO The file you are looking for %FILENAME% has not been found in %src_dir%>>.\log.txt
GOTO TEST
)

Can someone help me please?

regards to all

Welcome to the Windows Forum.

The code i wrote did not return the desired result

What was the result that you got?

I see that you have several ECHO commands in it, which of course is great for debugging. Did you get the correct values from the ECHO commands? Can you post the complete output of this script?

well the log was the following

Sat 03/27/2010,12:51:19.95 Generate list of available and unavailable files for SGBL

The list of SGBL files are in SGBL_FILES_LIST.txt

The physical SGBL files are in D:\Fermat\Scripts_chargement\fermat\Dynamic\Data\SGBL\05102009\

need ur suggestions please