FAILED portforwarding, HELP PLS!

hp1990

Hey guys. this is the situation :

1. i was using vista and modem/router model is 2Wire 2700HGV-2

2. when i used the above system, i did portforward successfully just by following the instructions on portforward.com

3. then, i did a clean installation of windows7 professional on my cpu.

4. after installation, i tried to portforward again, but this time couldn't. i checked the cmd thing-y which was adviced to alot of people whom had similar difficulties, and my modem is using single NAT, static ip checked blabla...

5. even my laptop, which i also done portforwarding previously(becos i used this same connection for my laptop too) could not do the speed test guide on utorrent successfully.

6. i dled the portforward check with the free program provided by portforward.com, and results i get were always "Could not connect to portforward.com server" something like that.

Things to note : will having windows.old folder affect operations on my pc? no right?? and my modem has wireless capabilities, thats how my laptop connects.

ports which i am forwarding for pc and laptop are 31865 and 22302 respectively.

thanks in advance! i urgently need this up because of school work (softwares etc)

if there is any need of screenshots pls do tell me :)