Network Settings

panthersfan25

Hello All,

I am fairly new to the world of networking. I was wondering if there is a diagnostic or something similar that I can run or even steps on how to locate the network settings at my place of employment. The old IT guy has moved away and I have not been in it long enough to know what I am doing, and he took all that information with him. I would like to see the settings to familiarize myself with them if at all possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Hello All,

I am fairly new to the world of networking. I was wondering if there is a diagnostic or something similar that I can run or even steps on how to locate the network settings at my place of employment. The old IT guy has moved away and I have not been in it long enough to know what I am doing, and he took all that information with him. I would like to see the settings to familiarize myself with them if at all possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Networking isn't something you can just stumble into,

to get your network settings for the machine you are on, start a command prompt and type ipconfig /all

If you need to go beyond that, I suggest getting a new IT guy fast, are you in the so cal area? im looking for some after hours work :P