Resmon

Makcalable

(For Windows 7)

If an application locks up under a previous version of Windows then A new Windows 7 option, however, can not only explain the problem, but may get your program working again without any loss of data.

When the lockup occurs, click Start, type RESMON and click the RESMON.EXE link to launch the Resource Monitor.

Find your frozen process in the CPU pane (it should be highlighted in red), right-click it and select Analyze Wait Chain.

If you see at least two processes in the list, then the lowest, at the end of the tree, is the one holding up your program. If it's not a vital Windows component, or anything else critical, then save any work in other open applications, check the box next to this process, click End Process, and your locked-up program will often spring back to life.

Theoretically!

Like so;

16918ub.png

I actually came accross this a good while ago its quite a neat tip even if i say so myself!

Hope you found this useful! ;)

• Upvote 1