Homegroup can't connect

packman911

Didn't get any response over at microsoft forums

I have just upgraded my desktop to win7 from vista and am pulling my hair out trying to setup homegroup. I have tried most of the suggestions I can find on line. The desktop is win7 home premium 32bit and the laptop has win 7 home premium 64bit. Here’s what I have tried so far:

Both are set to home network location. I have run the trouble shooters. Clocks are synchronized, network discovery on, ipv6 enabled, changed the name of wired connection to match the name of wireless connection. Tried both computers wired. Deleted idstore.sst file. Both computers are visible in windows explorer and can access shared folders. IP addresses on both are 192.168.xx.x, all homegroup services are started and automatic. I have tried with and with out firewall. Router is less than 6 mos old.

Any suggestions?