System State Disaster Recovery

Hi,
I use NetBackup to do syetem Full Backup Included System State for my windows 2003 Primary Domain Controller. For Disaster Recovery purpose before Restore The Backup To On Computer Disimilar hardware I needed to fresh Installation OS Included Driver And Tape Library.

After Prepared the Backup, I needed get one desktop for fresh installed windows 2003 server with driver and tape Library installed. After Finished we needed backup the command.com for replace back after finished Restored. Replaced back and then retarted the computer and it should work

Is it this the correct step to do it, Disaster recovery to dissimilar hardware. o you had other way to do it. May I know What about for the windows 8 and 7, how may I do it. Do anyone can answer for this