Please I need help to recover my deleted files!

Please, help me. I need know how to recover the deleted files back that I unfortunately deleted from the Recycle Bin. I know the deleted files are still there. But, how about deleting from Recycle Bin? Are they still there? Everything just happens so fast that I don’t know what I can do next. Please, help me!

Thank you!

First, don't do anything on that PC until you have recovered that file. The more activity, the lesser the chance that your file can be recovered. Once the sectors have been overwritten with something else, then it's gone.

Download, on another computer, the portable version of Recuva, e.g. onto a memory stick. Then run it on the target computer to recover your file.

OK! Don’t get tensed! The deleted files (even deleted from Recycle Bin) are not completely destroyed off from the computer. They are still there unless anything new is placed there to overwrite them.

So, take care not to overwrite them.

And then, what you should do is to select an efficient data recovery program to help you out.

There are many data recovery program that could help one easily restore his deleted data back. Some of them are free, some of them are paid.

If you are interested, you could firstly try some data recovery freeware, such as Recuva, Power Data recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

Note: You should be more careful about your files in the future and always back up everything important all the time.

OK! Don’t get tensed! The deleted files (even deleted from Recycle Bin) are not completely destroyed off from the computer. They are still there unless anything new is placed there to overwrite them.

So, take care not to overwrite them.

And then, what you should do is to select an efficient data recovery program to help you out.

There are many data recovery program that could help one easily restore his deleted data back. Some of them are free, some of them are paid.

If you are interested, you could firstly try some data recovery freeware, such as Recuva, Power Data recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

Note: You should be more careful about your files in the future and always back up everything important all the time.

Thank you for all your guys’ replies!

Now, I have got back all my wanted files back by using your mentioned data recovery freeware. I have stored it on my computer and hope it will resolve similar data recovery problems for me in the future.

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

First, don't do anything on that PC until you have recovered that file. The more activity, the lesser the chance that your file can be recovered. Once the sectors have been overwritten with something else, then it's gone.

Download, on another computer, the portable version of Recuva, e.g. onto a memory stick. Then run it on the target computer to recover your file.

Hi ,

You can even restore your recycle bin.

Here are the steps :

Step 1: Right-click on desktop and select ‘Personalize’.

Step 2: In the left pane, click ‘Change desktop icons’ to open Desktop icons settings box.

Step 3: Now, select ‘Recycle Bin’ under Desktop icons section, click ‘Apply’ and then click ‘OK’.

Step 4: Close the ‘Personalize’ Window.

Step 5: Recycle Bin icon should appear on your desktop.

Else you can watch full tutorial video for this :

http://supportformicrosoft.iyogi.com/solutions/windows-vista-how-to-restore-the-recycle-bin.html