[Free Win8 App] Kickstarter Browser

XanderApps

Hello.

I need some help. I want feedback on my latest app, on layout/GUI and also on features you'd like see implemented. (Just give it 5 minutes and I will be thankful)

The apps is called Kickstarter browser and is design to help you find kickstarter projects which you find interesting. It has more advanced search options than kickstarter's regular website.

The App gives the user a great overview of projects and with the advanced search makes it easy to find specifically interesting projects. The apps combines the ease of searching for projects while giving the user full control of he/his account by giving the user access to the Kickstarter website.

Unlike the normal search found on Kickstarter.com this app has the ability to search for project by looking through project descriptions to find matching words (which might not be found in the project name or short description) and also other advanced search options such as not showing projects which has ended.

Since I released it 2 weeks ago I have released 2 updates to the app and will be releasing updates regularly every/every other week. Please download it and tell me what you think. I'm open for all kind of feedback and suggestions which can improve the app.

Well, you could say I really buckled up last night and started my code, because here is the halloween update! :)

I focused on customization and user experience this time. The change log follows:

-Changes in version 1.2.0-

Big GUI update

Multitask support added (view video while using other apps)

Added tool tips

Added FAQ to project description

Significantly improved search times when searching through descriptions (by 20 percent)

Search now list projects as they are found (not when search is done)

Added settings for spotlight

- It's now possible to add/remove and enable/disable individual spotlight categories (found under settings)

Added the possibility to to favorite projects

Added favorite page (accessed by swiping down from top or right click the top of the screen)

Removed crash bug when no internet connection

Anyway I hope you all will download it and try it (and tell me what you think). I will be taking a one week break from coding Kickstarter Browser to recharge my batteries and get inspired to do some more work. :)

So I've just got the post-Halloween update certified. Change log:

Revamped start screen

Added playback controls (Play, stop, mute, video time bar)

Added video full screen playback

Added sorting projects in search

Added backgrounds

Added browsing categories in search screen/start screen

Squashed bugs

So this is the first update based on feedback from users and feedback I've asked for from various forums. One point of feedback was really important. The user felt that when you first start the app you are welcomed with a screen with a huge gap in the middle. So I made the middle part dedicated for browsing through categories and all the searching should be done through the search screen. Another user told me that the app doesn't bring anything new to the table in terms of searching and finding, so I added more search options. The third big feedback I got was that the app was boring, colorless and not nice to look at, so I reworked the layouts and made it possible for the user to change background color/add background image. The last feedback I did take into consideration for this update was that the search screen was a bit confusing and that the video playback lacked features, so I rearranged the search screen a bit and added video playback features (it now has play, stop, mute, full screen and a timeline)

So you see, I use the feedback I get to make the app better, please keep it coming and I will possibly implement it.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Kickstarter browser is the best way to find interesting Kickstarter project while sorting out uninteresting ones. This App gives the user a great overview of projects and with the advanced search makes it easy to find specifically interesting projects. The apps combines the ease of searching for projects while giving the user full control of he/his account by giving the user access to the Kickstarter website.