After Acronis image recovery on new PC Windows Server 2008 R2 fails to

Crazy_man

Hi everyone.

I've such problem... I have one working domain controller running Windows Server 2008 R2. Now i need other Domain Controller for other office. Actually i need the same DC configured the same with the same group policies, other settings... so not to install win 2008 R2 and not to spend time for configuration i've decived to make image of working server and restore the image on new computer. But the computers have different hardware. I've used Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 which can restore images on dissimilar hardware. I've made images of system reserved 100 Mb volume, system C volume with Windows installation on it and MBR. Image was created without problems, i've restored it on new PC but now windows can't run in normal mode. It tries to start, then shows blue screen:

STOP: c00002e2 Directory Services could not start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Error Status: 0xc0000001. Please shutdown this system and reboot into Directory Services Restore Mode

and restarts after that. I can boot only to Directory Services Restore Mode. I've tried this: http://distefano.biz/blog/index.php/2013/01/22/windows-server-2008domain-controller-failed-to-start/ but it didn't help. I know the hardware is different but mentioned Acronis software is able to restore images on dissimilar hardware. I've also tried Disk Clone util from Acronis True Image 2014 and cloned full HDD, but still new PC has the same problem and can't boot in normal more. Do you know how to fix the problem or maybe other way to transfer image of working server to the new PC with dissimilar hardware? Thanks in advance.

I've solved the problem. I've tried this: http://distefano.biz/blog/index.php/2013/01/22/windows-server-2008domain-controller-failed-to-start/ only after image restore. But i've also tried after disk clone and it fixed my problem. Also i got advice to change system time in BIOS before restoring image and set it to 6 month before image was taken (example: if image was taken 20.02.2014 system time should be set to 20.08.2014). I didn't try this method, but anyway would like to share it, maybe it will help someone