Sharing files between users

I am using Windows 8.1 on a laptop. I initially created an administrator account, but now I am adding a new local account, because I want to give certain users access to software without having to enter a password. I created the local account without problems, but now I want to share several files used by the software. The program is JMRI, a program used by model railroaders. I can run the program as a local user, but the files used by the program (already created as an admin) are available only if I log on as the administrator. I need to know how to make those files available to the local user. I don't relish the thought of re-creating all of those files!

Jeff

I don't know how to change permissions of files. I am very new to Windows 8.1. Most of my experience is with Windows 7 and XP.

I have tried logging on as Admin and using Share for these files, but with no luck. When I log on as the local account, the files in question don't even show.

Jeff