Agp 8x

Guest PC Eejit

Inquirer Article

Sounds like a 2-3% increase in communication speed, not sure wether this would be changing your mobo for though......

Surely better to go for a higher clocked GPU with a slower communication speed as we still can't use of the AGP 4x bandwidth anyway!!!

yeah i would say that its not worth buying an 8x card just for an 8x communiction speed the main reason for buying a card should be performance and capabilities ie future proofing like dx9 which whilst not out now will enable you to put additional graphics card buys behind you for a while as games minimum specifications are still saying geforce 2 on the back of the package which although will change over the next year or so will not be saying minimum spec geforce 4200ti for quite a while yet or radeon 9500 128mb for longer still

yes i have 2 radeon 9500's but i didnt think oh 8xagp because i cant support it i thought directx 9 and very cheap(the one im sending back cost £109 now thats value)

• 2 weeks later...