.pdf File Downloads Terminate Before Completion

Hytec

My family has three computers, HP Pavilion desktop, Acer Aspire laptop, and Dell Inspiron laptop.  All three were successfully downloading .pdf files via Edge until a few days ago when Edge on the HP started terminating all .pdf downloads before completion. I stress “Edge” because the HP downloads .pdf files via IE-11 with no problem.

All three computers are updated to the latest level of Windows 10 Home (64 bit).  Furthermore all three computers have identical Edge/Settings and Control Panel/Internet Options configurations.  My file download tests have been from the same websites, with the same .pdf files, and at approximately the same time.  I also have run Defender Full Scan, CCleaner, and Malwarebytes, all with no joy.

I’ve checked everything I can think of that Microsoft allows us to access easily.  So I’m thinking something may have been changed in Registry. I’m comfortable running Regedit, but wouldn’t know where to start looking. I doubt if Microsoft would have been nice enough to label a Registry entry as Edge/Settings/.pdf/Mess-With-User.

I realize that Edge is still a work in progress, but I wouldn’t think that it would react differently on one out of three computers.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks