How Annoying Is This.......

Guest Damo

Well after finally getting broadband this morning....i was jumping for joy!!!!! At last i'd be able to play games online without any lag! i dusted the cobwebs of my MOHAA and had a few games..which was nice.......but what i really wanted, and what i really got bradband for was counter strike. u see ive never played it.....ive had the retail version 1.0 for 2 years but on dial up modem the update patch was a few days, being 115mb in size!

So about an hour ago i down loaded it on my new b/band...only taking 30mins at a rate of 50.9bps.....i came to install it and............An I/O error came up.....HOW ANNOYED WAS I!!!! actually i felt more like crying :lol: !!! so now im stuck with counter strike 1.0 which is pretty usless...... Oh well back to MOHAA.

Cheers

Damo

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Try downloading it again.

Go to http://www.dnagames.net ,click on half-life in the files bit of the left hand pane.

The patch is available from there.Great site for half-life stuff,no queues and pretty reliable :D

Oh....and cross your fingers when installing,disable any d/load managers,and suspend anti-virus while installing.

Good luck....Cya on the servers....soon.