Radeon 9500 128mb Version Non Pro

ive just got the second one of these cards from novalogic im trying to get it rma'ed as the open gl performance is hamstrung for some reason(maybe due to damage to the core as they use these on these cards) i made a comparison to my other card and this is definately lagging behind. the softmod didnt work but its not suprising if theres damage to the core but the damage must be extensive as it caused my computer to freeze on starting windows.

i know these are budget cards but a faulty gpu is a faulty gpu and this one is probably more so than some of the other gpus out there. what im trying to say is that if ati is going to pass these chips off for less then theys should at least ensure theat they are all up the job that we ask of them.

just to justify the reason somewhat. my radeon 8500 lele running at 225mhz core and 225(450)mhz ddr mem happily churns out 99fps at 800x600 ogl resolution. my sparkling radeon 9500 128mb non-pro churns out 50-99fps at the same resolution but also has the same results at higher resolutions too although it drops as low as the 20s at higher resolutions