I'm a highschooler working with Group Policy on the IT team at a larger company and I'm having some issues with setting a taskbar using an XML file on a local account, let alone an entire domain.

Yhoto

As the title says I'm having issues with GP and quite honestly, I don't know where I'm going wrong. I did some tweaking to the given XML file from the official Microsoft website (by adding a number of the apps I want pinned on our company task bar) and after that didn't work, I just copied the file exactly (Taskbar.xml) to see if it would have an effect on the local non-admin account I created. I then saved that to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Taskbar.xml" such that when I logged in to the other account it would be able to be read by GP. Then I went into the specific group policy "Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Start Layout" and enabled the policy with the path to the file appropriately applied (see below). Finally I forced GP to refresh with "gpupdate" in PowerShell and restarted the computer. The taskbar stayed the same when I logged back in. Is there something that I did incorrectly? I got this to Work on windows 10 a few months ago but I'm getting nothing back now on Windows 11. Thanks.  Screenshot 2022-07-20 152126.png

• 4 weeks later...