Any Software For Cutting Images?

Guest Damo

On my website i have a few photos of guitars but the background of them is a darker shade of black than the background of my site.

Does anyone know any software (preferably a free download) where i can cut round the images so i can have them without the backrounds??

Cheers

Damo

Hi Damo :D

As you know I'm working on a website so I've been reading up on things. According to this book I've got, you can make the background of a GIF image transparent, so that the image background automatically matches the colour of the web page background. Apparently many image creation programs can save images as transparent GIFs including paintshop pro. I think Coral does it as well.

Don't know if this information is of any use, but it seems a better idea than "cutting" round the image. Maybe Craig, Bisto or Madboy can shed further light on this method.

Pete

I make my transparent GIFS in PSP, by colouring what I want transparent in Lime Green because it's the one colour I rarely use on pictures so I can pick the right colour to make transparent.

But doing the image the way Ash did would be the best, although you do need t be careful -Jpgs Dither and GIFs alter the colours slightly most of the time. That's what I've found anyway.