Is Nvidia good for gaming?

Hi Folks,

I am an Software Engineer , but I used to play games after work and on weekends as well. I have been using an Asus gaming laptop (Intel Core i7, 1.8 GHz) since 2017, and now I am facing lots of problems with my laptop and processor. It takes too much time to load games, and sometimes it buffers too. So, I want to upgrade my laptop with a new processor, and I've asked most of my friends and relatives for advice because I've been using an Intel Core i7 since 2017. 

I was looking for GeForce , but some of my friends have an Intel Arc GPU, and they're recommending it to me before I make a final decision. I'd like you to tell me whether Intel Arc GPUs  are good for gaming and which one is better

• 8 months later...

Intel's Arc GPUs are relatively new entries into the gaming GPU market, and they have generated significant interest. As a software engineer who enjoys gaming, it's natural to seek an upgrade to improve your gaming experience. While Intel's reputation in the CPU market is well-established, their success in the GPU space is still evolving.

Intel Arc GPUs show promise with their initial offerings, but it's essential to consider a few factors before making a decision. The performance of Intel Arc GPUs may vary depending on the specific model and the games you play. It's advisable to look for benchmark reviews and user feedback for the particular Intel Arc GPU you're considering.

GeForce, produced by NVIDIA, has a long-standing reputation for excellent gaming performance and support for ray tracing and DLSS technologies. NVIDIA GPUs are a popular choice among gamers, known for their reliability and driver support.

Ultimately, the decision between Intel Arc and GeForce GPUs should be based on your specific gaming needs and budget. If you're looking for a safe and proven choice for gaming, GeForce GPUs would be a reliable option. However, if you're curious about Intel's new offerings, research the specific models, and consider user reviews to make an informed decision based on your performance and feature requirements.

• 1 month later...

Hey there! Both GeForce and Intel Arc GPUs have their strengths, but Intel's Arc GPUs are relatively new to the market and show promise for gaming. They might be worth considering for your upgrade. Take a look at benchmarks and reviews to see how they perform with the specific games you love playing. It could be a game-changer for your gaming experience

• 2 weeks later...