[resolved]-Corrupted exe's

kesser

Here's a new virusy prob I would be grateful for help with, though it's not my machine................

Ok - Virus infections WORM_BUGBEAR;WORM_SWEN.A & another common worm which escapes me for the moment....

Scanned in DOS (Win 98SE) using AVG - found the infections and removed them all with no real difficulty. The only problem now is that all the exe's now point to the virus attached to it - only it's not there now so it comes up with a missing shortcut error - at least I presume this is what is happening - I think it is SWEN that has done the damage. You cannot access the registry even as the exe has been corrupted no matter how you try to get into it within windows and in safe mode.

I'm going to try a windows reinstall tomoz - all the cabs are there but wondered A) If this will fix it or B) If it's necessary - Anyone have any ideas?

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...