Setting up 'File and Print Sharing'

xadamz23

Hello,

Im trying to setup file and print sharing between 2 PC's.

One PC is a desktop (Win98 SE) plugged directly into my router and the other is a laptop (Millenium) and I'm using a wireless card to get to the router.

I can see both PC's in Network neighborhood.

I can access the laptop's resources from the desktop PC but I cannot access the desktop's resources from the laptop.

When I double-click the desktop PC in Network Neighborhood on the laptop I get an error message saying that it isnt accessible.

So, I can access the laptop's resources but not the desktop's.

Any ideas?

No, NetBEUI isn't needed ever in Windows..it works but its not needed. Check out your reg when you get home and even if its there Download this fix and save to ME.

The above fix should work, if not post back.

Thanks spikey. I read Microsoft's Article about the file you attached. These PC's are actually someone else's that I'm working on. I should have gone to the windows update site and got the lastest updates. I didnt think I would need to though because all I wanted to do was create a simple share. I will try the fix.

Thanks again for your time.

If its anything like my experience with networking ME it could be a few months. It has to the worst ever networking OS in the universe. I had to network 8 laptops all running ME without a server using P2P. Everytime they rebooted (everyday) they lost the bloody drivers...

yeah ME sucks. But it's what she has on her laptop so I have to work with it.