page shut down problem

windows xp..I'm having problems closing pages and web sites down using either the RED box with the white X or file and close,only closes after several attempts or have to use windows task manager to end task ,this only started happening today,have tried restore but makes no dif,any ideas please

thanks for your reply ellas.yes i have

deleted temp files ,and today installed latest xp critical update "IE6 SP1

"813951" But this was happening before then,i have just run bootvis and got bootvis message "(disk1/0 warning disk write caching is disabled" i dont know if this has a bearing,also having dificulties logging on to here.also i have removed all my mp3 files to the bin.

Guest Timeforabeer

TERBOW....I've done that upgrade also..i've found that i have to click on the same box a couple of times before it works and the same on certain links and url's.. :(

I've asked a mate of mine (very clued up) to take a look at it...if he solves it ...i'll post a reply...

windows xp..I'm having problems closing pages and web sites down using either the RED box with the white X or file and close,only closes after several attempts or have to use windows task manager to end task ,this only started happening today,have tried restore but makes no dif,any ideas please

Gerrycan Sat, 22.02.03 | 14:39

o/s windows xp,with all updates installed. I am having trouble closing down web pages using either /file-close /the [red box with the white x ]in the top right of the page/or keyboard shortcut -cntrl +w.the only way i can close the page is by cntrl alt del end task in task manager,I have tried sfc /scannow and using the windows xp disk but this will not help,as it keeps asking for the disk,progresses so far then asks for the disk again.I have tried posting the problem in m/soft, ..has anyone ever had this problem and knows the answer.please.

:D