netnotwork

jaross

well, i used to have a wireless network that worked! that was before... then it stopped, then i re-installed windows on both computers (in hopes of getting it to work again and for other reasons but still nothing. they both connect through the wireless router to get the internet quite nicley but i am trying to get the one with the printer to share the printer (was working, like a i said before) the first time i opened up network neighborhood on the computer withought the printer, i clicked on workgroup computers and got an error message rather like the one in my picture. the second time (after changing nothing!) it desplayed the computer i was on and the one with the printer. i dubble clicked on the one with the printer and there was no printer in the printers folder for it! (even though i went into the printer settings and had it set to share and looked at the permissions and so forth. the third time i got this when i clicked on the computer with the printer:netnotwork.jpg

**the computer with the printer does not find any other computer at all in the searches i have done and when you clikc on other computers in this workgroup, however the one withought the printer finds the one with the printer, jsut not the other way around. now, when i have them set up with a router, do they go through the router to communicate with eachother or in this case are the wireless cards trying to communicate directly with eachother while still being connected to the router? -doe sthis make a difference in the fact that they are not working? i can tell you that the 2 computers are alot closer to eachother then they are to the router so recption is not a problem!

This may be a bit confusing.. but you can set the printer up as a local printer.

I will try to explain...

When you go to the add printer in the printer folder (of the computer with no printer) You can set it up to use a TCP/IP port. thus making it a 'remote' printer.

Here's a link on how to do it, I'd post it, but they do a much better job than I would :D

http://www.winnetmag.com/Windows/Article/A...ID/277/277.html

• 2 weeks later...

what about accessing my files though?

also, i am not sure if i already said this but when i try to access the netword (the computer withought the printer) it doesnt even acnolege that it exists. the one withought the printer acnoleges that the computer with the printer atleast exists