Am I useless at games....

Guest ellas

Guest PC Eejit

Yeah, it's very good ( apart from the games being too hard :D )

The whole "we hate Microsoft" anti-feeling (which I don't subscribe to) though is possibly/probably holding it's progress back.

To me, it feels a lot more powerful than the PS2 - yet which one sells the most each week......

Dreamcast was a great machine. I've kept mine for Virtua Tennis and wouldn't part with it. Again, in my opinion, that should have wiped the floor with the PS2. :ph34r:

ah a fellow dreamcast owner,I even used mine for internet access for a while,connecting to the dreamarena,sega really screwed up big time I think the dc is still a better machine than ps2,got a steering wheel,keyboard ,mouse for my dc and I want virtual tennis 2 ,I think sony have proved its games that sell consoles not h/ware specs,xbox is much better than ps2 but may fail. 2ar15smilie.gif

Guest Min_Man

I use sidewinder strategic commander for some games.....you can assign a single button when you need 2 keystrokes (very handy)..........although the strat commander was originally for real time strategy,I have adapted it for first person shooters :ph34r:

Just finished MOAAA Spearhead, now 3/4 way through NOLF 2.

When i started gaming, TR 2, I found it very hard, in fact i abandoned it for about 3 months, started playing it again, and haven't looked back since.

Its important to find out what type of games you like, you should then find your enthusiasm will overcome the difficulties.

With regard to the amount of key's, yea i know there are loads of them in some games, but you only use the basic one's most of the time.

w forward

a left

d right

and your mouse for looking round and direction, fire and change weapon.

Try some games out, theres loads of free demos about, you never know you might get to enjoy it.

Guest Cookie

Hidden and Dangerous was quite a good game, my sons completed both but I could never finish the final mission on the first disk.

I've settled down to Microsoft Links 2003, which I had for Xmas. Just the mouse to worry about.

I must be - I can't even get them to install ! :(

Friend was given Return to Castle Wolfenstein last year, tried to install it and got nowhere, so my help was requested.

Even for me it wouldn't get past 98% - I/O error ! :(

I tried installing it on four other PCs - always the same message.

Took it back to shop, got a replacement - same thing again on 3 more machines + the original.

Took it back, got a refund from them and last week bought him another (only £7.99) from another shop (MVC) in their sale.

Guess what ???

Yes you're right !

Still nowt.

I've tried the Activision support - and they're ******* useless.

I've copied the 2 folders you need for the install from the CD to the hard Drive and done the install from there and no joy !

Just about resigned to giving up ! - and losing my Mr Fix-It reputation :(

There must be a really big batch of these bad CDs about !