KILROY

The Grump

Personally, I think they will be a lot better off without him.

It was Kilroy who got UKIP all the publicity at the European elections. Now that he has resigned. UKIP will go back to being a party run by faceless ex Tories. Kilroy said in an interview last week that the only policy they have is getting the UK out of the EU.

Do they have any other policies?

Personally, I think they will be a lot better off without him.

It was Kilroy who got UKIP all the publicity at the European elections. Now that he has resigned. UKIP will go back to being a party run by faceless ex Tories. Kilroy said in an interview last week that the only policy they have is getting the UK out of the EU.

Do they have any other policies?

To my way of thinking that is a good start. Obviously nearer to an election, a manifesto needs to be produced. The MOST important thing however at present for this country is to distant itself from Europe and all its corruption and waste.

The only policy Kilroys got is his own self aggrandisement, he's leaving because UKIP didn't bow down and worship at his self proclaimed wonderfulness, so he's got the hump.  RKS is perhaps the most odious self serving man in politics today, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Hear hear

The only policy Kilroys got is his own self aggrandisement, he's leaving because UKIP didn't bow down and worship at his self proclaimed wonderfulness, so he's got the hump.  RKS is perhaps the most odious self serving man in politics today, good riddance to bad rubbish.

This might be true, but he got UKIP more publicity in a few weeks than the rest of the party did from the outset. He gave UKIP a face that people could relate to. Although I don't like Kilroy or UKIP, I think they still need someone with his presence to lead them, because as of this moment they are faceless. Even the Raving Loony Party had someone who was instantly recognised.

Regarding Kilroy, Belatucardus has hit the nail smack bang on the head, particularly the "most odious self serving" bit. Kilroy is the most oleaginous personality I can think of. As far as UKIP are concerned, the words snowball, chance and hell spring to mind - if people were that concerned about our participation, or otherwise, in Europe the Tories would, in all likelihood, be in permanent power.

I think that the whole problem with the majority of people in this country is that they are not interested enough in finding out about what damage Europe can do to our economy, and sovereignty. They are more interested in over paid footballers, soap opera, and so called reality TV.

"They are more interested in over paid footballers, soap opera, and so called reality TV."

I couldn't agree more! As to Europe, a great deal of what you say is true but I also think that too many people use Europe as a scapegoat for the damage inflicted upon us by our own governments who,over the past 30 years, have utilised the EEC as a cloak behind which they can hide as they perpetrate their latest devious device.

I don't in all honesty think that we need to use Europe as a scapegoat. The corruption is real enough, with farmers getting subsidies for crops and animals that they do not own. Just look at the commissioners salaries, they are obscene. Europe keeps shipping everything from Brussels to Strasbourg and back again, so that they can take it in turns at playing boss man. This alone costs millions of pounds each year. Euro M.P's don't travel about economy class either, it is first or club class every time. Look at the booze ups and dinners all at our expense. I could fill a book on what Europe costs us. People quote European developments in their region, but do not realise that every £1 that Europe invests in the UK, costs us £1.67 in taxes. And so on and so on.

I'm afraid you said the wrong thing now! I live in what might be called a farming community and have had to sit and watch them get fatter and fatter, year by year - raking in subsidies whilst the rest of us had to endure unemployment and low wages. They actually believe that they are special cases and that they deserve to be paid for producing nothing - now that the tide is turning they expect our sympathy...I laugh in their faces - "Yeah right...on your bike farmer John, go and do what the rest of us have had to do for years...work for a living!".

I didn't get to finish the last bit. Anyway, it doesn't matter as I've got myself a bit worked up about it all (it's that word farmer) and I need to have a lie down in a darkened room whilst my wife brings me my medication!

"If you look back you will see that I referred to SUBSIDIES"

Yes, I know. The "farmer" word in conjunction with the "subsidies" word is always guaranteed to start me off. I think my wife is going to her sister's for the rest of the day.

"If you look back you will see that I referred to SUBSIDIES"

Yes, I know. The "farmer" word in conjunction with the "subsidies" word is always guaranteed to start me off. I think my wife is going to her sister's for the rest of the day.

Ask the girl friend over

God no...please. Anything but that! Please don't send Ant or Dec either...in fact don't send anyone who appears in any TV programme which passes for popular entertainment these days!

God no...please. Anything but that! Please don't send Ant or Dec either...in fact don't send anyone who appears in any TV programme which passes for popular entertainment these days!