windows 2000 networking problem

ag_christ

After installed a Windows 2000 Profesional Edition, and configure a TCP/IP protocol, and another. I found a problem at my computer. My Neighborhood is already running, and my microsoft network is always too. But my Internet Explorer can't do.

The message appear when I boot my computer. "Couldn't open a TCP/IP Socket. Winsock returned error code 10106"

What must I do ?

I'm use a IE 6 for Windows 2000, and Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

Thanks for everyone...

After installed a Windows 2000 Profesional Edition, and configure a TCP/IP protocol, and another. I found a problem at my computer. My Neighborhood is already running, and my microsoft network is always too. But my Internet Explorer can't do.

The message appear when I boot my computer. "Couldn't open a TCP/IP Socket. Winsock returned error code 10106"

What must I do ?

I'm use a IE 6 for Windows 2000, and Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

Thanks for everyone...

This came from the Microsoft KB:

Event ID

Event Message

Protocol family not supported. For more information about this event, see ISA Server Help.

Top of page

Explanation

The protocol family has not been configured on the system or no implementation for it exists.

Top of page

User Action

If you are using a third-party Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), verify that it is compatible with Wsock32.dll. If you are using Microsoft TCP/IP, remove and reinstall TCP/IP. Or use another protocol that is compatible with Wsock32.dll.

You may need to reinstall TCP/IP - do you need assistance in doing so? (You will need your Win2000 CD)