Web Page Design Questions.

peter e

Hi web wizards.

I'm re-vamping my website and would be very grateful if you could help me out with these questions...

When you add a website to your favourites, a "short name" comes up in the Name Box. How do I arrange things so that text of my choice comes up as a short name and not just the URL?

If anyone wishes to print out my pages, I would like particular text to appear in the page header and footer. How do I do this?

I want visitors to the site to have the option to download some pages of text and a couple of images in Word format - how do I do this?

I've looked in my books and on the web, but I'm still confused. :blink:

Thanks in advance for the help. ;)

Pete

Guest whizwrinkly

If you mean the name that shows in the title bar at the top of the window, this just shows the name of your page between the

tags.

Cant help with the other points, sorry peter :(

When you add a website to your favourites, a "short name"  comes up in the Name Box. How do I arrange things so that text of my choice comes up as a short name and not just the URL?

You'll have to use a title for your site and that title is the one that appears in the favorite box..while adding to favorites

you have to use the use a title here tags between the .. tags to add a title to your page

I want visitors to the site to have the option to download some pages of text and a couple of images in Word format - how do I do this?

You can create a word document and insert the pictures in it and offer this doc for download at your site .. ? upload it and add a link somewhere .. ?

Not sure about the print thingy :(

Prince & Whizz are right about the Favourites. It's whatever you type in the "Title" tag in the head tag.

I'd also agree with Prince with the download word document.

As for the printing, I'm pretty sure this is just default, no matter what you do it'll print out the url on the page.

Sorry I couldn't help

Been looking at some of your links...mmmmbisto.............................crotchism.....a "place of pilgrimage for all crotch worshippers "?..................................ooooeeerrr..................does your mummy know ?

Been looking at some of your links...mmmmbisto.............................crotchism.....a "place of pilgrimage for all crotch worshippers "?..................................ooooeeerrr..................does your mummy know ?

lol, the clique I joined. It was really popular and we even had the "Crotchism Group Blog" before it closed down...