Tsunami Opitcal mouse freezing

Hi all <_<

Well i seem to have a problem with my mouse, I have a Tsunami optical ( dont know what model number :( ) well i will turn my comp on and it will be fine, leave it 10 mins or so and the mouse optical light will start to flicker everynow and again and dimmer. the mouse isnt USB but its like not enough power is getting to it or something. It is when the mouse dimmers and flickers that it will freeze.. it will only freeze for a second or so put it makes it very difficult in gaming and sometimes its hard when your trying to do something on comp. any idea's what could solve it?

p.s dont say buy a new 1 :P because im skint :P

Sorry L3@©H¥ ²°°³, I've only just noticed this post.

I have to say, that it sounds like the mouse may be on the blink (no pun intended!). You don't say how old it is. Having said that, there are a couple of things for you to try.

1, Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the mouse.

2, Try switching the connection around with your keyboard. Whilst you are at it, see if the connection feels loose. The next comment you must take with caution, but you may wish to very, very carefully adjust the pins inside the ps2 connector. To do this you need a small screwdriver, and then carefully bend the pins about half a millimeter in towards the middle of the plug. I must stress though that it is very easy to break a pin, and I will not accept any responsibility if this happens. Only do this as a last resort!!.

3, Check the mouse cable for any signs of damage. Then try laying the cable out flat and leaving it to see if the problem occurs. If the mouse behaves itself, you may have a faulty cable.

4, Check that the mouse is listed as being OK in your device manager.

Hope this helps to start. Regards. Mr. Mouse.

PS I am assuming that if it isn't usb then it is ps2.