burning cd's

Guest clover64

Guest clover64

Hi all.....how do i separate the tracks on a full album i downloaded which is just 1 track? I can't burn it as it is....because it's too long for the cd. I use nero and am running windows 98se,and have HP cd writer. Hope someone can help...its driving me nuts trying to work it out :unsure:

I suggest that if you have the file on hdd, open nero-wave editor. Select a section going from the end to the last gap. Cut (using the scissors icon). open a new window and paste. Save as a new name. When you have done the whole file you can then select which of the new tracks to burn cd. This method may seem to be a bit tortuous but it is the quickest. Using the cut and paste method from the rear is actually quicker than starting at the beginning of the file. I use this method for my daughters very old and scratched vinyls. I actually use Soundforge because of my setup. The deck is some way away from the pc, I can see the record meters more easily at a distance while operating the deck. Nero as a more sophisticated editing package than soundforge anyway. Try it and let us know how you go. Comments on doing it from the back should go to the over 18's board.