Limited Connectivity Problem

I have both a D-Link wireless router and Netgear Wireless Access Point attached to my network to cover some dead areas. My PDA and a Win2000 laptop connect happily to both. A tablet PC running XP SP2 works with the router but not the AP, where I get the "limited or no connectivity" message. I've tried some of the fixes for this [assuming it's linked to the SP2 bug] to no avail. Could there be some other explanation?

When you say "AP", I assume you mean your Wireless Access Point. It is normal for the Local Area Connection to read "Limited or no connectivity" when using a wireless connection, because the ethernet is not being assigned an IP address. To connect using your Tablet/AP, go to your network connections screen, right-click on the wireless connection, and select "View available wireless networks". Select the network from your AP, and click "Connect". Enter your WEP/WPA key if you have one, and you should be online.

• 1 month later...