Unable to create folder. Access denied

Scarecrow Man

As the title says:

I am trying to create files and folders in a network share. I get Access denied, no matter what I do, but locally, everything works as normal.

I have set permissions for administrator on the shared folder, but do I need special permissions for administrator of a different computer?

The computers are part of a different workgroup, but still can set up shares. The only problem is creating files and folders.

I get a "make sure the disk is not in use or write protected." error.

Thanks for any ideas! :)

I will give that a try. Thanks Ted.

The "Simple File Sharing" did the trick, but does not allow me the use of permissions. I was able to map, browse and view files in the network drive, but not able to edit or create or delete anything.

I read somewhere about network AND folder permissions having to be set, but could it also be a user problem? (the remote computer needs the user set so permissions can be set?) but then again, I was using administrator on both.