Outlook fails to update

Rebuilt

A collegue at work has asked me to look at his wireless network as since setting it up himself he has been unable to update his Emails with outlook. Every thing else seems to work ok he tells me but since switching to wire less from a wired set up when he opens out look now an hour glass apears and the folders do not refresh. IE is fine so the signal is obviously ok, Off the top of my head I have no idea what this could be but then I dont use Outlook or For that matter IE.

Any ideas.....................?

I have a wireless network and use Outlook and IE. Like you I am mystified by the problem because when my Outlook fails I usually have IE problems at the same time.

Having said that - a couple of weeks ago I could use Outlook OK but IE refused to work. After much abortive messing around - rebooting etc - I resorted to using Windows restore and all was well again.

I wonder if your friend has a corrupted Outlook file which a restore would put to rights?