...UPnP Azureus On Windows Home...

Hello everyone first post in this forum,

Anyway I have a bit of trouble with Azureus every time I start it up there is an error that says "UPnP: Mapping 'UDP tracker client port (UDP/6881)' failed. Now I know that I have port 6881 forwarded in my router and I have no other firewall/s. I have also enabled UPnP in my windows services and in my router settings, although I do not know what UPnP could have to do with Azureus I still think this error is slowing down my connection with Azureus. But I can not understand how this error is occuring.

If anyone can enlighten me on this subject that would be appreciated.

Thank You. :)

Good question.

First of all, I should say I use port 49152 for Azureus, and have not noticed any problems. I was having multiple issues with 6881, and the page I link to above shows why. You should try this port. You can go to Tools > Nat/Firewall test in Azureus 2.3.0.6 to test your port.

As for port forwarding, it depends on your router, but most are capable of doing it.

You will want to forward the port 49152, or which ever port you choose to use on Azureus.

See here for more information.

Good question.

First of all, I should say I use port 49152 for Azureus, and have not noticed any problems. I was having multiple issues with 6881, and the page I link to above shows why. You should try this port. You can go to Tools > Nat/Firewall test in Azureus 2.3.0.6 to test your port.

As for port forwarding, it depends on your router, but most are capable of doing it.

You will want to forward the port 49152, or which ever port you choose to use on Azureus.

See here for more information.

Thanks for your help, but you missed one of my questions. The question you missed was, "Am I suposed to add my public IP address when port forwarding or my private IP address?".

Thanks Anyway

Well, You want the outside world to know about your inside private IP address, but I as I understand it, you want to forward a port, not an IP address. Correct me if I am wrong.

What kind of router are you using?

I am using a Billion ADSL Router 7100.

There is a page in the "NAT Edit Details Section" allows me to specify an IP address that I can use to forward ports on. And I must supply an IP address because it just will not work without it. I have tried using my public IP (i.e the one that starts with 201.). And I have also tried using my private IP (i.e the one that starts with 192.). But both times I still got a NAT error/mapping error.

Thanks For Your Help.

:) Excellent!

Yes, a NAT router or a firewall does hide your private IP address. Setting up your router to show your IP address to the world is often called the "DMZ". This means this computer is 100% open to the internet, and EVERY port is open, not just the one you are using.

So you mean, if I was to set my router to port forward say, "port 45000" with the IP address of my public IP. I would be opening every port on my computer to everyone?